Apr 7, 2010

Total Random

I was back at home last week and left alone at home. Being me, hungry means just dumping the Maggie Mee into a bowl of hot water, covering with a plate and leave it till it cooks by itself. Yes, boil the noodle the lazy style. Somehow, I was totally irritated that day and went rummaging through the fridge and my brothers' well kept spices. Totally came out with a soup base of my own for my instant noodle.

The ingredients that I used was... either leftovers or things that my mom or brother kept...well hidden...away from people like me...a cube of chicken stock, dried scallops, cumin powders, pork, a pack of enoki mushrooms, and a few teeny slices of dory fish. Instead of a 2 minute noodle, it turns out to be almost an hour noodle.

In case you don't know what is what, I'll show you the pictures.


Enoki Mushroom


Dried Scallops

When I say dory fish, some of my friends would misheard it as...why am I talking bout Dory?



NO!!! Push that away from your brain ! Not that Dory from Nemo!! I meant the food, dory fish as in something that would look like this in fillet !!



I didn't expect that my experiment would go well. The taste turn out better than I thought especially after I added in the cumin powder and left the meat to boil longer so it would absord the chicken stock. Obviously, it's a hearty lunch that day and I was tempted to make another next time but...being mom, she's too sharp when the foods are missing or went lesser...Next time I do this things again, I'll have to pay since dried scallops and dory fish that she bought ain't cheap...

2 comments:

kazofblood said...

lol. hi .I have to ask did your mom and brother find out, and what did they say..or do ?

KeiTees said...

Mom found out but not bro and well, word for word, what my mom said...

"I'll need to lock the fridge and put price tags"